Whether you are creating a home theater or you simply want a great television in your family room, Home Media Solutions has the video solutions that you are looking for. Technology has made a huge difference in the price of plasma and LCD televisions; less than ten years ago the price was astronomical but today prices are much more affordable, which means that you have many more choices at prices you are willing to pay.
Things to Consider When Selecting Video Components:
- Type of screen
- Plasma – excellent picture quality and excellent range of vision
- LCD – incredibly thin screens and excellent picture quality at the highest resolutions
- Rear Projection – while this type of television is not as popular as it used to be, it can be very affordable. Quality may vary and it can be difficult to view from the side
- Amount of space available – this will in part determine the size of screen you need and Home Media Solutions can help you figure out the optimum screen size based on your room configuration.
- Size of screen – a large screen can help create a more cinematic experience, but you don’t want it to be too large for your room. No one wants to sit so close to the screen that they can see all of it easily.
- Overall quality – because the screen is the focal point of your theater room, the quality of viewing is the key selection point. Skimping here is definitely not a good idea. Be sure to actually view the different screens you are considering so that you can make an informed choice.
- Compatibility – you want your screen to work well together with all of your other components, such as your audio system, DVD players, and gaming systems
The bottom line is that Home Media Solutions has experts that can guide you through the selection process so that you will feel more secure in all your selections. In addition, we can professionally install your new screen and all of your home theater components. Contact us today for more information on our available video choices.